- Adopt a plant-based diet (at least) one day per week. Nuts, seeds, grains, legumes, fruits and vegetables can meet our daily nutrient requirements.
- Educate family and friends, PTA, restaurants, local grocers, and groups focused on sustainability, health and humane treatment of animals.
- Organize neighborhood block parties or potlucks with a plant-based theme.
- Show the short animated movie “The Meatrix” at gatherings (additional info about the film at www.themeatrix.com).
- Encourage lawmakers to pass city resolutions. Here’s a sample…
- Recruit volunteers for a flyer distribution. This fact sheet can be reproduced into a front & back flier.
- Ask people to sign a pledge.
- Ask restaurants and schools to have a Meat-free Monday alternative.
- Offer recipes: www.vegweb.com or www.meatoutmondays.org
Media: Call Laurel Hopwood at 216-371-9779