- Adopt a plant-based diet (at least) one day per week. Nuts, seeds, grains, legumes, fruits and vegetables can meet our daily nutrient requirements.
- Educate family and friends, PTA, restaurants, local grocers, and groups focused on sustainability, health and humane treatment of animals.
- Organize neighborhood block parties or potlucks with a plant-based theme.
- Show the short animated movie “The Meatrix” at gatherings (additional info about the film at www.themeatrix.com).
- Encourage lawmakers to pass city resolutions. Here’s a sample…
- Recruit volunteers for a flyer distribution. This fact sheet can be reproduced into a front & back flier.
- Ask people to sign a pledge.
- Ask restaurants and schools to have a Meat-free Monday alternative.
- Offer recipes: www.vegweb.com or www.meatoutmondays.org
Media: Call Laurel Hopwood at 216-371-9779
Right to your inbox!
The Ohio Chapter of the Sierra Club is looking for dedicated members who want to take on the exciting and challenging role of being a member of the Chapter Executive Committee Read more…
Stand up against coal bailouts in person June 15 in Columbus. June 15 marks the beginning of legal proceedings for First Energy’s bailout proposal. Read more…